Thanks for your interest in University of Florida's Undergraduate Certificate in Horticultural Therapy. The certificate application is now open for the fall semester. Please note that we anticipate that the available space may fill quickly and will be accepting applications on a first come-first served basis. To ensure that your application can be reviewed, please follow the application instructions carefully.
If you are a current UF student, please contact Danae Perry at email@example.com.
If you are a non-degree student (not a current UF student), you must complete the UF application at https://admissions.ufl.edu/apply/more.
- On that page, click on the "For new students, apply here” link at the bottom of the ‘Certificate Programs’ just above the big blue box that says 'Readmission.'
- On the next page click on ‘Apply Online’ and then create your new account. You will be asked to enter personal information to create your new account.
- When asked, the certificate level is undergraduate; then choose College of Agricultural & Life Sciences (CALS) and click on Horticultural Therapy; then select the Fall 2020 term.
- The next page will ask you for education history, starting with high school. Read the information in the gray box carefully. The system will not let you progress without entering this information, including dates. Because you do not need a college degree to enter this certificate, you may be able to leave the college section blank, or enter N/A.
- After entering high school and college information, you will be asked about activities. You may leave this section blank.
- On the Florida Residency Declaration page keep in mind that it does not matter if you are a Florida resident or not in terms of acceptance or tuition rate because this is a special program. However, if you are a Florida resident you must upload documentation as proof, as indicated on the instructions. If you do not do this accurately your application will be delayed.
- One you have signed the signature page, submitted the application fee payment, and submitted your application, it will work its way through the system.
- Check your email on file regularly to be aware of updates or requests for more info.
You will be notified when your application has been accepted and you have been registered for the first course, PLS 3080 Introduction to Horticultural Therapy. You will receive an invoice for the first course after you have been placed into the course itself. The fall semester begins on August 31.
If your application is accepted after the fall Intro course is full, you will have the option to defer your application to the next time the course is offered.