Dr. Tom Yeager
What I Will Do For You!
I will help you...
- Make valuable nursery management decisions that will save you money.
- Increase your knowledge so you can determine and justify the amount of irrigation water applied.
- Select and implement Best Management Practices (BMPs) for your nursery.
- Coordinate and conduct irrigation education for your employees.
Environmental Horticulture Dept.
University of Florida
2550 Hull Rd.
2541 Fifield Hall,
PO Box 110670
Gainesville FL 32611-0670
- Ph.D. Horticulture (Virginia Polytechnic Institute), 1981
- M.S. Horticulture (Virginia Polytechnic Institute), 1979
- B.S. Horticulture (Auburn Univ.), 1975
- Yeager, T. H. Introduction to workshop: Impact of runoff water quality on future nursery crop production. HortTechnology, 2(1), 1992, 80.
- Yeager, T. and G. Cashion. Controlled-release fertilizers affect nitrate nitrogen runoff from container plants. HortTechnology 3(2), 1993, 174-177.
- Yeager, T. H., R. D. Wright, D. Fare, C. Gilliam, J. Johnson, T. Bilderback, and R. Zondag. Six state survey of container nursery nitrate nitrogen runoff. J. Environ. Hort. 11(4), 1993, 206-208.
- Yeager, T. H. Dwarf Yaupon Holly Response to Fertilizer Application Rate and Frequency, HortTechnology, 6(1), 1996, 41-45.
- Yeager, T., D. Fare, J. Lea-Cox, J. Ruter, T. Bilderback, C. Gilliam, A. Niemiera, K. Tilt, S. Warren, R. Wright, and T. Whitwell. 2007. Best management practices: guide for producing nursery crops. 2nd ed. Southern Nursery Assn., Atlanta, Georgia.
- Yeager, T., J. Million, C. Larsen, and B. Stamps. 2010. Florida Nursery Best Management Practices: Past, Present, and Future. HortTechnology 20: 82-88.
Container Irrigation Tool App
This tool is designed to provide sprinkler irrigation run times for a range of plant production conditions typically found in an outdoor, commercial container nursery.