Zhaoyaun Lian / Ph.D. Freshman
I am a Ph.D. freshman, and I am from China, It is my first time studying and living in the US. I will study on the main campus in the first year, then I will go to Apopka to work with my tutor. My research direction is Plant Breeding. Maybe about improving the storage quality of Snapdragon.
Adviser: Dr. Alfred Huo
- September 2015-June2018, College of Horticulture Northwest A&F University, Master of Science in agriculture, GPA:81.4/100
- September 2011-June2015, College of Horticulture Northwest A&F University, Bachelor of Science in agriculture, GPA:3.72/4.0(90/100)
RECENT SERVICES AND HONORS
- 2012-2013 President Scholarship in Northwest A&F University
- 2012-2013 National Scholarship
- 2014-2015: Kingenta Company Scholarship
- 2012/2013/2014/2015: All-around merit student
- 2016/2017: Scholarship for Academic Performance
- Awarded a scholarship from the China scholarship council
My future research will mainly focus on breeding heat and drought tolerant snapdragons using transposon-tagging system and conventional hybridization methods, utilize plant biotechnology to improve aesthetic characteristics of foliage plants such as Anthurium and horticultural traits of vegetables such as lettuce, examine the effect of different spectrums of light on foliage growth and flowering.