Dr. James E. Barrett
Research: Greenhouse flowering crops production
The research program addresses current environmental and cultural problems in the production of greenhouse flowering crops. Emphasis is placed on evaluation of plant growth regulators and factors affecting chemical efficacy. Environmental studies center on plant water requirements and heatstress.
- Barrett, JE, Bartuska, CA, and Nell, TA 1994. Efficacy of uniconazole on chrysanthemum altered by spray volume, timing, and site of application. J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. In press.
- Barrett, JE and Nell, TA 1990. Factors affecting efficacy of paclobutrazol and uniconazole on petunia and chrysanthemum.Acta Hort. 272: 229-234.
- Barrett, JE and Nell TA 1992. Mechanical stress and droughtstress effects on height control in greenhouse crops. Proc.Plant Growth Reg. Soc. Amer. 18: 46-51.
- Barrett, JE and Nell, TA 1992. Efficacy of paclobutrazol anduniconazole on four bedding plant species. HortScience27(8): 896-897.
- Barrett, JE and Holcomb, EJ 1993. Growth regulating chemicals.pp 65-74. In. Geraniums IV. J. White (ed.), BallPublishing, West Chicago, IL.